Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
AKG C214 Recording Microphone
Legendary AKG Sound
The AKG C214 is the younger brother of AKG’s legendary C414 condenser – similar to the 414’s legendary sound, but at an entry-level price. The affordable C214 actually uses the same one-inch dual-capsule as the C414 in a single-diaphgram, cardioid-only design. The result? Highly-detailed, up-front sound on both voices and instruments with an overall performance close to that of the famous C414 B-XLS. Now you can get that epic AKG sound on any budget with the new C214!
A versatile addition to any mic locker
Incredible dynamic range
The AKG C214 delivers AKG’s classic large-diaphragm sound – and it’s also capable of an impressive 143dB dynamic range for uncompressed, natural transients.
Use it on a variety of sources
If you want a premium vocal mic, you’ve found it with the AKG C214. And while it’s well worth the investment for that quality alone, you’ll find that the C214 performs just as well on a variety of instruments. Thanks to its switchable 20dB attenuation pad and low-cut filter, the C214 can be used in sound fields as high as 156dB SPL – you can use it onstage for close miking loud applications such as drum overheads, guitar amps, or high-output brass. Whatever your needs, the C214 is an excellent mic to have on your side.
Quality AKG Construction
AKG mics are engineered from the ground up to truly perform. The C214 features an integrated capsule suspension that reduces mechanical noise and resonances for even greater sonic accuracy. Plus, the double mesh, all-metal grille protects the capsule and ensures high RF immunity without affecting the mic’s acoustical performance. This is one roadworthy mic, too – the C214 features a modern scratch-resistant finish, dent-resistant metal grille, and gold-plated XLR output.
AKG C214 Features:
- Capsule: 1″ large diaphragm condenser
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000Hz
- Equivalent noise level: 13dB-A (IEC 60268-4)
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Max. SPL: 136/156dB SPL (0/20dB Pad)
- Dynamic range: 123/143dB-A (0/20dB Pad)
- Low-cut filter: 160Hz, 6dB/Octave, switchable
- Attenuation pad: 20dB, switchable
- Patents: AT 395.225, DE 4.103.784, JP 2.815.488
- Dimensions: 160 x 55 mm (6.3 x 2.2 in.)
- Net/shipping weight: 280/1450 g (0.62 / 3.22 lbs)
- Included accessories: H 85 Shockmount, W 214 Windscreen, Metal Carrying Case
- Requires +12V to +52V phantom power
- Microphone Type:Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid
- Diaphragm Size:1″ (25.4mm)
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:136dB (156dB w/Pad)
- Output Impedance:200 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:81dB (A weighted)
- Self Noise:13dB (A weighted)
- Low Cut Filter:160Hz (-6dB/octave)
- Color:Matte Grey Blue
- Weight:0.62 lbs.
- Included Accessories:H85 Shockmount, Metal Carry Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:3185X00010