Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
AKG C414XLS Matched Pair Stereo Set Recording Microphone
A Matched Pair of Ultra-versatile Condenser Mics!
From the leading broadcast facilities world-wide to the recording studios and the performance stages that have hosted the top musical artists of all genres for more than 60 years, the AKG C414 multi-pattern condenser microphone needs little introduction. There are few microphones that are as widely accepted as a de facto part of any professional engineer’s mic locker as this famous microphone. Now, you can own a matched pair of C414 XLSs at an affordable price with the C414 XLS/ST bundle.
The C414 XLS/ST stereo condenser microphone matched pair bundle contains two C414 XLSs that have been selected from thousands of individual microphones and hand tested for sensitivity characteristics that lie within 1dB of one another throughout the range of 300Hz to 8kHz in cardioid mode. They come with a full accessory kit that includes a pair of shock mounts, a stereo bar, two foam windscreens, and hardshell carrying case. You also get a copy of your microphones’ performance charts to verify their matched performance characteristics.
The C414 XLS is an astonishing microphone. Engineered for highest linearity and neutral sound, it maintains the reliable sonic character of the legendary C414 B-ULS (the longest-lived C414 model) while introducing some astonishing new features. The 5-pattern C414 has been one of the most universal and versatile large diaphragm microphone for decades – widely used for accurate, exquisitely detailed pickup of acoustic instruments. Now, the C414 XLS sets a new benchmark in microphone versatility by introducing a 9-pattern design, while achieving reference-quality results through leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components.
The C414 XLS offers nine pickup patterns which enable you to choose the perfect setting for every application. In addition to the five patterns traditionally offered by the C414 (omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, and figure eight), you also get four intermediate settings that let you dial in the best pattern to suite your environment. It also features an astoundingly low noise floor and a 152dB dynamic range, making the C414 XLS ideal for any musical environment. A locking mode allows you to disable all of the C414 XLS’s controls for live-sound applications and permanent installations, and a special “Peak Hold” LED displays even shortest overload peaks.
AKG C414 XLS/ST Matched Pair of Multi-pattern Condenser Microphones Features at a Glance:
- Omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight, and four intermediate pickup patterns
- Lock Mode disables all controls easily for live and installation use
- Incredible Dynamic Range of 152dB
- Three different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
- Peak Hold LED even detects shortest overload peaks
- Paired using AKG’s sophisticated computer-aided matching method
- Highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity
- Includes carrying case, two windscreens, a stereo bar, and two spider-type shock mounts
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV) +/-0.5 dB
- Max. SPL: 200/400/800/1600 Pa = 140/146/152/158 dB (0/-6/-12/-18 dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 6 dB-A (0 dB preattenuation) (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio: 88 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >= 2,200 ohms
- Powering: approximately 4 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR to IEC
- Dimensions: 50 x 38 x 160 mm (2.0 x 1.5 x 6.3 in.)
- Net weight: 300g (10.6oz.)
- Requires +48V phantom power to DIN/IEC
For versatile stereo miking, get the AKG 414 XLS/ST!
- Microphone Type:Condenser
- Mono/Stereo:Stereo Pair
- Polar Pattern:Omni, Wide Cardioid, Cardioid, Hypercardioid, Figure-8
- Diaphragm Size:1″ (25.4mm)
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:140dB (158dB w/18dB Pad)
- Output Impedance:200 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:88dB
- Self Noise:6dB
- Low Cut Filter:40Hz, 80Hz (-12dB/octave), 160Hz (-6dB/octave)
- Pads:-6dB, -12dB, -18dB
- Color:Dark Grey/Silver
- Weight:0.66 lbs.
- Included Accessories:Shockmounts, Windscreens, Stereo Bar, Aluminum Carry Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:3059X00230