Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Aston Microphones Spirit Black Bundle
Limited Edition of Aston’s Flagship Condenser Mic
The Aston Microphones Spirit Limited Edition Black Bundle includes Aston’s flagship Spirit multi-pattern condenser mic, along with their Swiftshield shock mount and pop shield. The Aston Microphones Spirit is a unique-looking, high-performance large-diaphragm condenser mic with three selectable polar patterns and a 1-inch gold-evaporated capsule. Cardioid, omni, and figure-8 patterns, plus a 10/20dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter make this mic an all-around studio and stage workhorse. If you’re after quality on a budget, Aston Microphones’ Spirit is highly recommended. The Spirit Black Bundle is a limited edition and only 1,500 will be available worldwide, so you’d better reserve yours now!
Accurate and versatile
The Spirit delivers a lovely, open sound with shimmering harmonics. Engineers have found the Spirit to be accurate and versatile, excelling in most applications, especially on vocals and acoustic guitars. The build quality is outstanding: Aston has hand-selected the capsule and paired it with a high-end transformer and balanced circuitry employing top-drawer components. The Spirit delivers a true and transparent-sounding rendition of the source, capturing treble detail without a trace of harshness.
Wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
The Spirit features Aston’s signature wave-form mesh head which not only looks cool, but provides rugged protection for the mic’s internals. If subjected to a forceful ding, the shock-resistant wave-form grille allows the head of the mic to distort, then return to its normal position without damage. It also offers a measure of off-axis rejection, helping to diminish unwanted ambient sound. Built into the wave-form head is a mesh-knit pop filter that eliminates plosives in vocal performances. This single-piece mesh cage is made of stainless steel, so it’s rustproof; you can even remove and wash it!
Unique chassis and end cap design
Did we mention how striking this mic looks? To achieve its hard-wearing, eye-catching finish, your Spirit’s chassis has been tumbled individually for up to four hours, with the engraving applied afterward. A custom-molded end cap with integrated XLR and built-in, interchangeable mic stand thread adapter is another unique aspect of the design. In light of the mic’s superior onboard shock absorption, you can mount it directly to a mic stand — which also makes it easy to repair and maintain.
Aston Microphones Spirit LTD Black Bundle Features:
- Large-diaphragm pressure-gradient condenser microphone with variable polar patterns
- Polar patterns switchable between Cardioid, Omni, and Figure-8
- 1-inch gold-evaporated capsule; protective wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Innovative blend of discrete and integrated circuitry
- Optimized circuit stage scheme from phantom power input circuit to capsule voltage bias
- Unique nonlinear voltage/current source rectification
- Shock-resistant, wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Unique, individually tumbled chassis finish
- Custom-molded end cap with integrated XLR and interchangeable mic stand thread adapter
- Onboard 10/20dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter
- 48-volt phantom power required for operation
- Includes Swiftshield shock mount and pop shield