Bi-amped Bass Sounds with a Single Amp
Add a massive sound to your bass rig with the Orange OB1-300 bass amplifier head. Orange took the popular bi-amp system, using both bass and guitar amps for a wide range of tone and cool overdrive tones, and shoehorned it into a single 2U, rackmountable unit. The OB1-300 sports a 3-band Baxandall EQ so you can dial in the perfect low-end tone. Gain and blend controls let you add overdrive to your sound and mix it with your original signal. Create a monstrous wall of bass tone with the Orange OB1-300 bass amplifier head.
Orange OB1-300 Bass Amplifier Head at a Glance:
- Bi-amped flexibility in a single channel amp
- Create the perfect mix of clean and dirty
- Ready for stage and studio
Bi-amped flexibility in a single channel ampBass players have been using bass amps and guitar amps together to create huge sounds for years. The bass amp keeps the lows fat and clean while the guitar amp adds grit and extra harmonic content to the top of the signal. The bi-amp rig is cool, but can be a pain to haul and set up at the gig. The Orange OB1-300 gives you all the sound and flexibility of this rig in a single unit. The all-analog signal path of the OB1-300 starts by sending your bass signal down two separate paths. One goes to a powerful 3-band Baxandall EQ for detailed tone sculpting and the other goes to a blendable gain circuit.
Create the perfect mix of clean and dirtyThe Orange OB1-300’s gain circuit adds up to two distortion stages to only the upper harmonics of your sound. A built-in blend control lets you combine the gain and clean signals together to create a huge sound. No matter how much of the gain signal you add in, the low end will remain fat, bold, and undistorted. The Orange OB1-300 bass amplifier head is a bass player’s dream come true.
Ready for stage and studioThis rackmountable bass amplifier head is ready for both stage and studio. The OB1-300 boasts a line out and a balanced DI out – a favorite among bass players – for hooking up to mixers, recorders, and more. A front panel active/passive switch lets you use your favorite bass without any issue. The flexibility of the Orange OB1-300 ensures that you can use it at any gig, rehearsal, or studio date.
Orange OB1-300 Bass Amplifier Head Features at a Glance:
- A single channel bass head that acts like a bi-amped rig
- Clean side of the amp has a 3-band Baxandall EQ with powerful tone-sculpting ability
- Gain control only affects the upper harmonics of your sound keeping the bottom end fat and full
- Dial in everything from subtle warmth to full on overdrive and distortion
- All-analog signal path with Class A/B power amp that delivers big tone
- Footswitchable blend and gain controls mix your clean and dirty sound together
- Volume, bass, middle, treble, blend, and gain controls, plus an active/passive switch
- Blend and gain are footswitchable
- Balanced DI out for feeding your signal to a mixer or PA
- 19″ rack width and 2U tall
Create massive bass tone with the Orange OB1-300 bass amplifier head!