Shure MX424/C Gooseneck Microphone
In Tune with Speech.No Installation Headaches
The Shure MX424/C is a 24″ gooseneck condenser microphone designed for panels, conferences, and public-address applications and engineered to deliver accurate and detailed voice reproduction for demanding professionals. The longer adjustable gooseneck length allows for optimal positioning for a wide variety of speakers and presenters and is well suited mounting on deep tables and large surfaces.
At home on conference tables, pulpits, or lecterns, the mic features an electret-condenser capsule with a 50 Hz to 17 kHz frequency response that’s tailored for crisp, clear speech and vocals. The Microflex series’ modular design allows you to easily swap out mic capsules depending on the application and the acoustic properties of the environment. This version includes a capsule with a cardioid pick-up pattern that focuses audio capture on the subject in front of the mic for less background noise and fewer feedback problems from PA systems and loudspeakers.
The supplied snap-fit windscreen clicks into place on the mic to ensure secure attachment and helps reduce plosives and breath noise by up to 30 dB for clearer, more intelligible audio. The included shockmount installation flange provides over 20 dB of isolation from surface vibration noise. Additional hardware is provided for quick and easy mounting to surfaces.
In Tune with Speech
- Microflex microphone cartridges are tailored specifically to capture the human voice, so the presenter always comes through clearly
- Wide dynamic range and frequency response provide accurate sound reproduction
- Interchangeable cartridges provide an optimal polar pattern choice for each application
- Shure Commshield filtering is built into Microflex to reject RF interference from ever-present smartphones, keeping the focus on the performance.
- Snap-fit foam windscreen securely attaches to mic and reduces breath noise or plosives
No Installation Headaches
- Shockmount provides over 20 dB of isolation from surface vibration noise
- Included mounting accessories make the MX424 easy to install on a table, podium, or lectern in any space
- Surface-mount preamp with XLR connector for use with standard, or a wide variety of, audio mixers and PA systems
- Requires 11 to 52V phantom power for operation