The Next Evolution of Steinberg’s Powerful Post-production DAW
Post-production professionals worldwide rely on Steinberg’s Nuendo — it’s used in television, movies, game audio design, and more. Now at version 10, Nuendo comes loaded with more innovations than ever, and you’ll see this in every aspect of your audio-for-picture work. Nuendo includes unique features for game audio production as well as traditional film and TV post. From integration with game middleware to automatic picture-edit re-conforming and ADR, Nuendo gives you powerful, dedicated tools that streamline your workflow and ensure that you deliver the highest-quality product.
Nuendo 10 requires a Steinberg eLicenser Key (not included).
A bevy of oft-requested new features
Steinberg packed Nuendo 10 with a bevy of oft-requested new features. Field Recorder Audio Import enables searching and matching field recorder audio files to selected events in your project. Video Cut Detection analyzes video files for edits and inserts markers for each cut. Simulate the movement, distance, and perception of a passing sound source with Nuendo 10’s Doppler effect. Modify voices and craft otherworldly sound effects with VoiceDesigner. Create and mix immersive 3D audio content directly in the VR environment, thanks to dearVR Spatial Connect integration. Beyond that, music features like VariAudio 3, Distroyer effect, MixConsole Snapshots, and Groove Agent SE 5 are sure to spark your creativity. You also get support for Adobe’s ADM files, along with ARA support, new features for Direct Offline Processing, new modes for the AmbiDecoder, an Audio Alignment panel, high-DPI support, a reworked channel strip, updated user interface, and more.
Ultra-advanced mixing console optimized for post
Nuendo ups the ante for what a post-optimized mixing console should be. With its sleek single-window concept, Nuendo’s mixing surface gives you up to 22.2 support with instant access to all vital functions, plus a plethora of visibility configurations and drag-and-drop functionality for lightning-fast operation. An intuitive Quick Link system and Control Link groups temporarily or permanently link entire channels — or just specific parameters. View Sets store and recall any channel configuration as a preset. You get up to four different MixConsoles, and each one comes with its own channel visibility management, so you can define which channels you want to see, as well as how they’re arranged.
VCA faders and feature-packed Channel Strip EQ
Steinberg Nuendo’s VCA fader technology creates a second mixing layer within the Nuendo’s MixConsole. VCA faders in Nuendo not only help you create complex mixes for film and television projects, but they also give you the option of more advanced automation workflows using the Combine VCA fader automation feature. Simply merge the automation curve of a VCA fader with the automation curve of a controlled fader or fader group. Nuendo’s channel strip EQ module gives you additional mouse-over value readouts for gain, frequency, and its equivalent in note pitch, so you can enter pitch notes or cent values for each band, instead of Hz. The Pre section offers selectable slopes of 6, 12 (default), 24, 36, and 48 for high- and low-cut, making it easier than ever to sculpt your dialog, music, and FX to perfection.
Smooth re-conforming for film and TV post
Film and TV editors are sadly familiar with this: your project and all its audio files perfectly match the picture, but then the video editor sends you a new picture cut. ReConform to the rescue! Nuendo’s re-conforming algorithm detects picture changes on the basis of EDL (Edit Decision List) comparisons of previous and new EDLs. This generates a change list, which is used to execute a re-conform. Not to worry, though. Before the process even begins, Nuendo gives you a preview of the anticipated result. You also get several options for the re-conform process, including the handling of gaps, several processing and marker placement options, and even a choice of different matching algorithms.
Nuendo takes the pain out of ADR
ADR — automated dialog replacement — can be a pain. Dealing with the talent, as well as a myriad of cue points, tracks, and record-ons and -offs, can take its toll on your project schedule — and your patience. Luckily, Steinberg’s Nuendo sports a complete ADR system that makes short work of all the above. If you’ve used other ADR systems, you’ll be amazed at how streamlined and easy Nuendo makes the ADR process — and it’s also a fast, flexible tool for managing foley sessions.
Integration with Audiokinetic Wwise middleware
Rather than saving your audio assets one-by-one on a hard drive and arduously importing them into Wwise at a later time, Nuendo saves you hours upon hours of tedious labor. Via Game Audio Connect, you just drag-and-drop audio files (including your custom naming conventions like project name, folder path, and track name) to Wwise. This sidesteps time-gobbling minutiae such as manually configuring your import and export dialogs. You save invaluable production time, even when round-tripping an audio asset in Wwise back to its respective Nuendo project, by simply recalling the original Nuendo project from that audio file.
Steinberg Nuendo 10 Features:
- Post-production DAW for television, movies, game audio design, and more
- Field Recorder Audio Import matches field recorder audio files to events in your project
- Video Cut Detection analyzes video files for edits and inserts markers for each cut
- Doppler effect simulates the movement, distance, and perception of a passing sound source
- VoiceDesigner modifies voices and crafts otherworldly sound effects
- dearVR Spatial Connect integration for creating and mixing immersive 3D audio content directly in the VR environment
- Music features like VariAudio 3, Distroyer effect, MixConsole Snapshots, and Groove Agent SE 5
- Audio Random Access (ARA) allows tight integration with plug-ins
- World-class mixing in up to 22.2 surround with Dolby Atmos support
- Channel strip EQ, VCA faders, and fully integrated loudness measurement
- Game Audio Connect 2 transfers whole music compositions as music segments into Audiokinetic Wwise
- Built-in ADR system allows for fully integrated voice and foley recording
- Advanced multitrack audio-to-picture editing with playlists and video-follows-audio editing
- Direct Offline Processing for applying the most often used offline processes as a chain for selected clips
- Sound Randomizer easily creates different variations of a sound
- Renamer automatically renames events within your project
- VST MultiPanner allows for immersive sound panning while working in Dolby Atmos
- Integrated re-conforming solution for automatic audio-to-picture alignment
- Full integration with the Yamaha Nuage system
- Post-production DAW
- Mac, PC
- Boxed with Steinberg Key
- VST3, Standalone
- eLicenser Included
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor or higher, 4GB RAM minimum
- Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Athlon 64 X2 or higher, 4GB RAM minimum
- macOS 10.12 or later
- Windows 7 SP1 or later