Yamaha CHR10 Passive Speaker
A Versatile, Professional Speaker from Yamaha
If you’re looking for tried and trusted speakers for permanent installation or for quick use around your venue, you can’t go wrong with the CHR Series from Yamaha. Here, we’ve found the CHR10 700W 10-inch Passive Speaker delivers professional performance at a price that won’t break the bank. The 1.4-inch HF driver and 10-inch LF woofer will submerge your space in high-powered output with minimal distortion and maximum musicality. Even at the back of the house, your audience will be treated to clear audio reproduction given the CHR10’s capability for high SPL. This versatile passive speaker features a rotatable HF horn, meaning installation is possible both horizontally and vertically. Not to mention, you can easily take advantage of dedicated processor settings when you use the CHR10 with Yamaha DSP-equipped amplifiers and other compatible signal processors.
Smart, ultra-flexible design
The CHR10 integrates with any configuration, thanks to its ultra-flexible design. Its rotatable horn allows vertical or horizontal mounting. Benefit from a 90-degree x 60-degree dispersion from a vertical position. Enjoy smooth, level coverage, by virtue of the CHR10’s constant directivity horn — its innovative design minimizes the roll-off that conventional horns often produce.
Sophisticated DSP processing
If you power the CHR10 with a Yamaha PX Series amplifier, you can take full advantage of its dedicated speaker processor tuning settings. Fine-tune output channels with equalization, and add limiting to protect your speakers from dangerous signal spikes. Dial in crossovers to integrate subwoofers and fill speakers. Use the built-in delay network to ensure phase coherency across all speakers in larger rigs. And all of these advanced features are easily accessible from the LCD display. Here, we find that a PX Series amplifier and a CHR10 speaker are a match made in heaven.
Yamaha 700W 10-inch CHR Passive Speaker Features:
- 2-way passive loudspeaker with 1.4-inch HF and 10-inch LFdrivers
- 700W handling capabilities
- 55Hz–20kHz frequency range with 122dB SPL
- Rotatable horn for vertical or horizontal installation
- 90° x 60° dispersion from a vertical position
- Compatible with Yamaha PX Series amplifier processor tuning settings (amplifier sold separately)
- Made from durable yet lightweight plywood housing for excellent acoustic performance
- Mounts to the UB-DXRDHR10 U-bracket (sold separately) for fixed installation
- 35mm pole socket for use with stands