Ideal for critical listening
There are many going theories about mixing. The prevailing one these days is to mix on speakers with as close to flat frequency responses possible. When your monitors are flat, you can mix free from the character hi-fi stereo systems use to enhance music. That makes it a lot easier to craft mixes that will translate (sound the same) from one set of consumer speakers to another. While KRK Rokit series speakers are a bit more flattering, Classic 5s are flat and critical, making them complements each other perfectly. And at this price, outfitting your studio with a second pair of monitors for A/B comparison is easily within reach.
Easily tuned to your room
In true KRK style, Classic 5 studio monitors are incredibly easy to tune to your room. They include two frequency controls that let you fine tune the high and low frequency ranges. For instance, if you’re in a space that forces you to keep your Classic 5s near a wall or corner, you can cut some of those lows. Or, if you’re in an overly reflective space cutting some of the highs by a decibel may be just what you need.
When you breakdown the Classic 5, it’s hard to imagine how KRK justifies making them so affordable. For starters, there are the speakers themselves. The woofer is made from layered glass aramid fibers — literally bulletproof material that keeps its shape while remaining light. This results in ultra low distortion and clear frequency expression. Likewise, the front ported design keeps your low end tight and honest. Top it off with a fantastic Class A/B amp, smooth soft-dome tweeter, and professional connections including both unbalanced RCA and balanced TRS and XLR, and Classic 5 studio monitors go well above and beyond their class
KRK Classic 5 Studio Monitors Features:
- Nearfield studio monitors that are perfect for mixing and critical listening
- Flat frequency response is idea for critical listening, mixing, and editing
- Layered 5″ glass aramid fiber low-frequency driver and soft dome tweeter provide smooth sound with minimal distortion
- Class A/B amplifier with integrated limiter delivers consistent sound that won’t overload
- Front-slotted bass port and frequency controls reduce boundary coupling and accommodate for less-than-idea acoustics
- Professional connectivity accommodate all kinds of systems
- Single Amp
- 5″ Woofer
- Glass Aramid Fiber
- 1″ Tweeter
- Soft Dome
- 50W Class A-B
- 101 dB SPL @ 1m
- 1 x XLR, 1 x RCA, 1 x 1/4″
- Front Ported
- 12.95 lbs.