Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Shure SM7DB Dynamic Vocal Microphone with Active Preamp
Call for Price
The Prized SM7B Gets a Major Upgrade
The Shure SM7B is a legendary vocal microphone used and held in regard by musicians, podcasters, broadcasters, and streamers worldwide. That said, the SM7B possesses a notoriously low output, requiring users to utilize an in-line booster to get a usable level out of the mic. The Shure SM7dB is here to offer you a more elegant solution. This dynamic microphone serves up the tried-and-true SM7B sound; however, thanks to its built-in active preamp, you get output levels suitable for any recording setup or application — no separate booster required. You can bypass the built-in preamp if you want to replicate the original SM7B’s performance, and the SM7dB includes its predecessor’s oft-used bass roll-off and presence boost controls. To top it off, the Shure SM7dB boasts the SM7B’s iconic look, ensuring that you can benefit from the cache that goes along with owning an industry-standard microphone.
Built-in active preamp
As mighty as the original SM7B sounds, many studio professionals argue its output leaves a bit to be desired. Thus, it’s standard practice within professional circles to pair the SM7B with an in-line booster to ensure a solid, healthy output signal. The Shure SM7dB offers you the perfect solution by pairing an SM7B with a built-in active preamp. The SM7dB’s preamp gives you the choice of +18dB or +28dB of gain, and if you want classic SM7B operation, you can bypass the preamp altogether. You can deploy the SM7dB anywhere you’d use its predecessor — with identical results — but you can leave your in-line booster at home.
True dynamic versatility
The Shure SM7dB includes the same dual-tone controls as its preamp-less predecessor. This dual-band switchable passive EQ offers low-cut and presence boost controls. Flat or with the low cut, the SM7dB is an amazing mic for male dialog and vocals, but the presence boost makes it an excellent choice for bright sound sources and sibilant vocalists.
Superior design for superior results
Like its vaunted predecessor, the SM7dB delivers top-shelf results. For starters, there’s an internal suspension and shockmounting system, which eliminates light vibration. Advanced electromagnetic shielding keeps out hum. Top it off with Favorite features such as an integrated swivel mount and a robust close-talk windscreen, and this mic has a whole lot to offer. And since it features a cardioid polar pattern, off-axis sound is never an issue for your Shure SM7dB.
Shure SM7dB Active Dynamic Microphone Features:
- Pairs a Shure SM7B dynamic microphone with a built-in active preamp
- Negates the need for a separate microphone and in-line booster
- Bass roll-off and midrange emphasis (presence boost) controls accommodate a wide range of voices
- Shielded against electromagnetic hum and broadband interference
- Internal air suspension shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Effective pop filter eliminates the need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds
- Ships with RK345B detachable close-talk windscreen
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting
- Classic cardioid polar pattern provides excellent off-axis rejection
- Rugged construction for a lifetime of regular wear and tear
- Boasts the same iconic look as the original SM7B
- Microphone Type:Active Dynamic
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid
- Frequency Response:50Hz-20kHz
- Output Impedance:150 ohms
- Sensitivity:-31dB, -41dB, -59dBV/Pa
- Low Cut Filter:Bass Roll-off
- Features:18/28dB Boost, Preamp Bypass Switch, Presence Boost
- Power Source:48V Phantom Power
- Weight:1.87 lbs
- Included Accessories:RK345B Windscreen
- Manufacturer Part Number:SM7db