Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Zoom F8n Multi-Track Field Recorder
Zoom F8n Multi-Track Field Recorder
Revolutionary Multitrack Field Recorder
If you work in independent film production or mobile media recording, then the Zoom F8n is the affordable multitrack field recorder you’ve been waiting for. This 8-in/4-out 10-track field recorder offers low-noise preamps, time-code compatibility, extensive onboard metering, and dual redundant SD/SDHC/SDXC card recording at up to 24-bit/192kHz. The F8n’s advanced look-ahead limiter ensures you’ll never lose a great take due to distorted audio. Multiple power sources include internal and external batteries plus AC, and the F8n even goes beyond most high-end field recorders with its included camera-mounting bracket and Bluetooth remote control via a free iOS app.
Essential Connections for Full-scale Field Recording
Main inputs via eight locking Neutrik combo jacks
Despite its small form factor, the F8n manages to offer an impressive amount of I/O. Eight locking Neutrik combo jacks accept both XLR and 1/4″ TRS inputs (with switchable mic/line-level operation) and give you the channel count you need to record stereo and surround sound simultaneously.
Eight mic pres with phantom power and 75dB of gain
Each of the F8n’s inputs feeds a separate microphone preamplifier spec’d to an impressive -127dBu EIN and capable of providing up to 75dB of gain. There’s also individually switchable +24-volt/+48-volt phantom power on each mic pre, allowing you to power individual condenser microphones without wasting battery power.
Powerful headphone amp for monitoring in the field
To quickly check levels as you’re recording, just plug into the headphone jack. Monitor single or multiple tracks, including the Main and Sub outputs. The powerful 100mW headphone amplifier ensures you’ll be able to monitor in loud environments.
Professional Multitrack Recording
Record eight inputs plus a stereo mix
With the Zoom F8n, you can simultaneously record all eight inputs plus a separate 2-track stereo mix, which is essential for efficient editing workflows.
Built-in processing for optimal audio
An impressive track count is only the beginning of the F8n’s recording capabilities. An adjustable limiter provides 10dB of extra headroom for each track, highpass filters cut down wind noise, and an optional 6-second pre-record buffer ensures you won’t miss a cue.
Redundancy = reliability
The Zoom F8n offers redundant recording to two separate SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (up to 512GB each). And automatic saving ensures your data is safe, even if disaster strikes.
Zoom mic capsule input
For an easy on-camera audio setup, you can connect any optional Zoom mic capsule directly to the Zoom F8n.
Essential Time Code Compatibility
Full time-code support
Time code is the backbone of media production, and the Zoom F8n offers BNC connectors for integration with standard media rigs and a full range of time-code formats, including drop frame and non-drop settings. You can also jam-sync the Zoom F8n if a cabled connection isn’t possible.
Highly accurate sync
Thanks to its precision oscillator, the Zoom F8n generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy. You’re sure to achieve rock-solid video and audio synchronization.
Critical Metering at a Glance
Metering is absolutely critical when you’re recording in the field, and in poor-visibility environments, the Zoom F8n’s high-visibility meters and displays are real lifesavers. The 2.4″ LCD display, which is switchable between full-color and monochromatic modes, provides you with enough resolution to keep track of all your input settings, time code, battery power, master levels, and more.
LED channel meters
Each input on the Zoom F8n has a 6-segment LED meter to help you optimize signal levels while avoiding clipping. The meters are adjustable, so you can make them dim enough to stay subtle in dark locations or bright enough to remain easy to read in full sunlight.
Remote metering via iOS
The Zoom F8n has built-in Bluetooth for connecting to iOS devices. That means you can turn to your phone or tablet for metering audio levels from anywhere within Bluetooth range.
Flexible Power Options
Ready for DC battery packs
The Zoom F8n delivers the portability you’d expect from a professional multitrack field recorder. A 4-pin Hirose connector provides easy compatibility with standard 9-volt to 16-volt DC battery packs, providing a near-universal solution for extended shoots and mobile recording applications.
Uses AA batteries efficiently
You can always load the F8n with eight standard AA batteries when run-and-gun recording makes bulky battery packs inconvenient. In fact, you can keep a set of AAs in the F8n and have it switch to internal backup power at a user-definable voltage, and optional headphone power alerts can keep you on top of low-power situations.
AC adapter included
When you don’t need battery power, you can always switch to the included 12-volt AC adapter. With three ways to power it, the Zoom F8n has the flexibility you need in the field.
Zoom F8n Multitrack Field Recorder Features:
- Record all 8 input sources plus a stereo mix
- 8 mic pres with phantom power and 75dB of gain
- Limiting, delay, highpass processing, and more onboard
- Dual SD card recording provides instant backup security
- Full time-code support for use with professional setups
- Includes all standard drop frame and non-drop formats
- Time code I/O via universally compatible BNC connectors
- Camera-mount adapter simplifies tripod rigging
- Choose from 3 power options for maximum portability
- Add Zoom mic capsules for on-camera recording
- Comprehensive metering options include LCD display and LED meters
- Access advanced functions and metering via iOS app
- Audio Interface:10 x 4 Field Recorder
- A/D Resolution:Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Simultaneous Rec Tracks:8 sources, plus stereo mix
- Simultaneous Play Tracks:10 (8 plus stereo mix)
- Built-in Mic(s):Slate Mic
- Analog Inputs:8 x XLR-1/4″ combo, 10-pin Mic Connector (Zoom mic capsules)
- Analog Outputs:2 x TA3 (main out), 1 x 1/8″ TRS (sub out)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4″
- Memory (removable):2 x SD/SDHC/SDXC Card Slots (up to 512GB each)
- File Format:WAV
- USB:1 x Type Mini-B
- Clock I/O:In, Out
- Software:Zoom AutoMix, Cubase LE (download code), WaveLab LE (download code)
- Power Supply:12V DC power supply (included) / 8 x AA batteries / 4-pin Hirose 9-18V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Battery Life:Up to 8 hours @ 48kHz (Lithium), Up to 6 hours @ 48kHz (NiMH), Up to 3 hours @ 192kHz (Lithium)
- Stand Mountable:Tripod Mount,
- Weight:2.2 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:ZF8N