The exquisite design includes an elastic shock mounted cardioid capsule with a foam-lined grille, providing a robust method of getting rid of those frustrating plosives. Not only is it a luxurious looking mic, but it’s also very lightweight making it a pleasure to use in a live performance.
When compared to other handheld vocal microphones, the KMS 104 offers a superior resolution of the voice, with extended frequency response and accurate transient detail. Sibilance problems common to other handheld condenser mics are eliminated.
The frequency response characteristic is developed in the acoustic realm, allowing for accurate representation of transient details found in music and speech, and thus transmitting a very “open” and detailed capture of the human voice. The frequency response and in-built highpass filters have been optimized for very close miking. They compensate the proximity effect, resulting in an even sound reproduction.
The KMS 104 is provided with a capsule with cardioid characteristics, yielding the best rear sound rejection. The KMS 105 uses a capsule with supercardioid characteristics, yielding the best front-to back
Neumann KMS 104 Features:
- Matte black finish
- Condenser microphone for crystal clear highs deep lows
- Neumann sound on stage
- Excellent transparency for vocals/speech
- Without off-axis coloration
- Transformerless output
- Fixed cardioid polar pattern with excellent feedback rejection
- Effective pop shielding without any side effects
- Very high attenuation of handling and structure-borne noise,
- High-loadability transformerless circuit
- Extraordinarily true sound transduction free of coloration.
- Balanced, transformerless output.
- Set includes stand clamp
- Requires +48V phantom power
- Microphone Type:Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:150dB
- Output Impedance:50 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:76dB (A weighted)
- Self Noise:18dB (A weighted)
- Color:Matte Black
- Dimensions:7″ x 1.8″
- Weight:0.66 lbs.
- Included Accessories:Stand Clamp, Microphone Pouch
- Manufacturer Part Number:008549