Ideas surrounding DJs, music making, performance, and showmanship have gradually blurred throughout the new millennium. This haze has led us to a complicated catch-22, wherein there’s more room than ever for newcomers, but it’s become increasingly difficult to stand out. Fortunately, Pioneer DJ has crafted a masterclass in DJ-based performance that expertly blends basic needs with innovative new tools and flexible connectivity options: the DJM-A9. This 4-channel DJ mixer features a suite of diverse tools tailored to accommodate a slew of distinctive DJ approaches and take the craft into new territory with the convenience of its comprehensive design. Whether it’s the dedicated FX lanes for both beat and sound color, the innovative interactivity of the X-Pad, or the mmultilayeredconnectivity that allows for the simultaneous use of two concurrent devices, DJs agree that the DJM-A9 is a masterful step forward.
Connect across the physical and digital divide
It would be a criminal understatement to merely call this a diverse mixer. Its comprehensive suite of connectivity options allows for unparalleled control and dynamism in your performances — solo or back-to-back. Two sets of USB-B and USB-C ports let you simultaneously connect two separate devices, regardless of their respective operating systems. An included antenna makes Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connections a breeze. Each channel can toggle its inputs, including Bluetooth, digital coaxial, line, phono, return, and three different USB choices. To ensure premium sound quality, the DJM-A9 is engineered with ESS Technologies’ 32-bit A/D converter, with the master and booth outputs each utilizing a high-fidelity, 32-bit D/A converter.
Innovative FX throughout the spectrum
Audio texturizing tools and FX are conveniently broken out into multiple sections, each with capabilities and controls. Microphone FX includes Echo, Pitch, and Megaphone functions that all have individual buttons for activation, with a master parameter control as well as an isolated Mic Reverb, which also features a saturation knob. Sound Color FX plays host to Space, Crush, Noise, Dub Echo, Sweep, and Filter options. Pioneer has also developed an industry-first workflow tool: a togglable Center Lock, which prevents each channel’s respective Color knobs from turning past the noon position.
Whether you’re streaming from home or shutting down the hottest club in town, having the proper performance-minded tools is imperative. Let’s start with the Beat FX, where you’ll find your rhythmically aligned options. Armed with 14 options selected from a rotary control, channel and frequency range can be toggled with a simple button press. Compelling new FX include Mobius, Triplet Filter, and Triplet Roll, the first being an oscillator frequency tool akin to rising, pre-drop tones. The latter chops and modulates the beat in tempo-derived triplets. Tools for dialing in FX and bpm are conveniently situated nearby, with Time and Level of the current effect able to be freely attenuated in real time. Inherited from its predecessor, the cutting-edge X-Pad is a touch-sensitive surface for dialing in spatial FX with simple slide or tap functions.
Flexibility that won’t sacrifice quality
Going back-to-back or teeing up the next act? No problem. The dual set of USB ports ensures seamless connectivity across multiple devices simultaneously, and the pair of headphone outputs can be individually adjusted. If that weren’t enough, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity simplify on-the-fly changes, automatically integrating tracks into the A9’s comprehensive performance architecture. A Multi I/O section manages Send channels and external USB integration, creating a proper Send that opens up the DJM-A9 to a whole world of possibilities.
Precise and intuitive controls
Each mixer channel features a dedicated 3-band EQ, with per-channel trim features and a 3-way switch to designate channels for A, Thru, and B crossfader assignments. Nearby, you’ll find a switch to quickly alternate between ISO and EQ curves and three choices for the shape of the channel fader and the profile of the premium Magvel Fader crossfader, allowing for a precisely personalized DJ experience. If lighting and video are integral to your performance, the DJM-A9 supports use with TC Supply’s ShowKontrol and their PRO DJ LINK Bridge.
Diverse accommodation with an ergonomic workflow
Those familiar with the previous DJM-900NXS will notice that the DJM-A9 features a larger overall footprint. Not only does this create a more fluid workflow with an improved ergonomic arrangement, but it also ensures the A9 is seamlessly compatible with the CDJ-3000. From nightclubs to a night at home spent streaming, the DJM-A9 features an arsenal of performance, recording, and A/V management tools. The A9 supports use with rekordbox and Serato DJ Pro, including the DVS features for those who prefer analog tactility. Touring DJs will appreciate the compatibility with Pioneer’s Stagehand app: a pro DJ LINK app to be used by front-of-house teams for audio management. Streamers will enjoy native connectivity with the DJM-REC app for quickly sharing high-quality streams in real-time via Mixcloud, Twitch, and more.
Pioneer DJ DJM-A9 4-channel DJ Mixer Features:
- Comprehensive I/O suite includes MIDI compatibility, digital inputs, dedicated send/return channels, booth output, dual USB hubs, and dedicated headphone outputs
- 3-band per-channel EQ, trim, deck assignment, and channel selection ensure precise control over your mix
- Center Lock feature designed to keep knob values maxed out at the center position of each channel’s Sound Color FX control
- Dual pairs of USB-B and USB-C ports allow for simultaneous connection of two laptops/devices to make back-to-back sets or mid-gig transitions a breeze
- Quickly toggle between ISO and EQ curves with a single switch
- Channel fader shape and crossfader profile shape each feature a dedicated 3-way switch to personalize your performing experience
- Magvel Fader crossfader accompanies volume sliders with smooth, consistent resistance for reliable transitions and adjustments
- 2 headphone outputs feature their own mix and level adjustments, ergonomically arranged to prevent any literal or proverbial crossing of wires in a back-to-back setting
- 2 microphone inputs offer more flexibility in performance and supplementary audio
- Master-level adjustment includes a dedicated meter for quick changes
- Booth controls are comprised of a level adjustment and 2-band EQ
- Sound Color FX — Space, Crush, Sweep, Noise, Filter, and Dub Echo — supplement your sound with broad texturizing tools
- Beat FX suite allows you to choose from 14 different performance and tempo-based FX, with frequency blocking, channel selection, and tap tempo adjustments immediately available
- X-Pad utilizes a touch-sensitive interface to affect audio spatialization FX with tapping or sliding, as well as 3 different wave shapes for FX management and customization
- Dedicated microphone FX add creative possibilities for DJs with echo, pitch, and megaphone options, as well as a separate reverb with its own attenuation
- Optional 48V phantom power for the microphone 1 slot accommodates use with streamers and other microphone needs
- Multi I/O suite features an independent channel selector and USB-A port to utilize external FX as needed
- Wireless connectivity supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, letting you drop in tracks at a moment’s notice that are ready for use with the A9’s full FX suite
- Deep software support includes DVS use with rekordbox and Serato DJ Pro, as well as Pioneer DJ’s Stagehand App for front-of-house management
- DJM-REC app support means seamless, quick, high-quality streaming on platforms like Mixcloud, Twitch, and more
- Support with TC Supply’s ShowKontrol means lighting and video can be controlled from the DJM-A9
- Lockable power cord ensures constant, reliable support
- 4 channels
- 32-bit/96kHz (4 x 4)
- 6 x Sound Color FX, 14 x Beat FX
- 4 x Dual RCA Stereo (phono), 4 x Dual RCA Stereo (line), 1 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic), 1 x 1/4″ (mic 2)
- 2 x XLR (master), 1 x Dual RCA Stereo (master 2), 1 x Dual RCA Stereo (rec out), 2 x 1/4″ (booth)
- 4 x Coax (S/PDIF)
- 1 x Coax (S/PDIF)
- 1 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8″
- 1 x Type A, 2 x Type C
- 2 x 1/4″ (send), 2 x 1/4″ (return), RJ45 LAN link
- 3-band EQ
- Rekordbox, Serato DJ Pro, ShowKontrol, ProDJ Link Bridge
- Standard IEC AC Cable
- 22.5 lbs.
There are no reviews yet.