Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
RME Fireface UCX II 40-channel USB Interface
Call for Price
RME’s Next-gen UCX with Femtosecond Clock
The RME Fireface UCX II packs a lot into its rugged half-rack housing. This 20-in/20-out USB audio interface includes two reference-quality microphone preamps and ample analog, digital, MIDI, and word clock connectivity for easy integration into any studio rig. The Fireface UCX II’s SteadyClock/femtosecond technology yields ultra-stable clocking, and its DC-coupled outputs permit sending CV/gate voltage control information to modular synths and other studio hardware. Take complete command of the Fireface UCX II with TotalMix FX — no external hardware mixer required — with loads of latency-free effects available for each channel. You also get comprehensive onboard metering, a DURec port for direct recording to a thumb drive or external hard drive, and support for RME’s ARC USB remote controller (sold separately). If want to upgrade your studio with a high-level audio interface, the Fireface UCX II is an excellent choice.
20-in/20-out audio interface in a half-rack package
The sheer power and flexibility of the Fireface UCX II are remarkable when you lay your eyes on it. Its space-saving half-rack design has a great clean look but still offers deep control over levels, sub-mixes, and gain structures. There are two reference-quality digitally controlled mic preamps, eight channels of balanced line-level I/O, line/instrument inputs, ADAT/AES/SPDIF I/O, a MIDI port, word clock I/O, and a headphone output. DC-coupled outputs permit sending CV/gate voltage control information to modular synths and other studio hardware. You also get onboard metering with peak and RMS calculation. Best of all, the Fireface UCX II achieves all of this while staying very straightforward and looking great in your rack. We’re impressed by the Fireface UCX II here— it packs a lot of power into a sleek-looking interface.
DURec enables direct USB recording and playback of 40 channels
Located on the back of the RME Fireface UCX II is a DURec port. This port enables direct recording and playback of 40 channels of audio to an external thumb drive or external hard drive up to 2 TB. RME’s cutting-edge hardware delivers improved performance, so you enjoy greater reliability — even with slow or multi-partitioned flash drives. Create time-stamped files, courtesy of an internal real-time clock, and enjoy advanced playback functions.
Ultra-stable SteadyClock FS technology
Boasting the same SteadyClock FS circuit as RME’s reference-quality ADI-2 Pro AD/DA converter, the Fireface UCX II takes self-jitter to new lows, eclipsing its predecessor’s already impressive performance with an upgraded analog PLL circuit and referencing both Direct Digital Synthesis and PLL to a low-phase-noise quartz crystal. In fact, the Fireface UCX II’s self-jitter reaches levels that are usually only available in master quartz clock mode, even while running in PLL mode. Thanks to this updated circuit, the Fireface UCX II reaches jitter specs as low as a femtosecond. Just to put it in perspective, that’s 1/1,000,000,000,000,000 of a second!
TotalMix FX provides latency-free processing, monitoring, and effects
The Fireface UCX II comes loaded with RME’s TotalMix FX engine. This dual-DSP system uses one DSP chip for monitor mixing, leaving the other free for latency-free effects and processing. The routing side of TotalMix FX gives you a fully flexible mixer with 20 input channels, 20 software playback channels, and 20 hardware output channels. Each of the Fireface UCX II’s channels features a 3-band parametric equalizer, low-cut filter, echo, reverb, compressor, expander, and auto level. That means you can track with the effects and processing you need, without ever having to worry about latency or your computer’s processing power.
Optional ARC USB remote provides convenient desktop control
RME’s ARC USB remote (sold separately) connects to your computer via USB and provides you with direct control over the Fireface UCX II. The ARC USB fits conveniently on your desktop and has 15 freely assignable and illuminated buttons, one encoder wheel, and a footswitch jack. ARC USB is completely plug and play. As soon as you connect it, TotalMix FX will detect it.
RME Fireface UCX II Features:
- 20-in/20-out USB 2.0 audio interface
- Rugged, half-rack design has a great clean look but still offers deep control
- 2 digitally controlled microphone preamps enable reference-quality recording
- Ample analog, digital, MIDI, and word clock connectivity makes integration with your studio easy
- DC-coupled outputs permit sending CV/gate voltage control information to modular synths and other studio hardware
- SteadyClock/femtosecond technology yields ultra-stable clocking
- TotalMix FX gives you a fully flexible mixer with 20 input, 20 software playback, and 20 hardware output channels
- Each channel boasts latency-free processing, including a 3-band EQ, low-cut filter, echo, reverb, compressor, expander, and auto level
- Onboard metering with peak and RMS calculation for keeping an eye on your levels
- DURec port captures audio directly to a thumb drive or external hard drive
- Integrates with RME’s ARC USB remote controller (sold separately)
- Computer Connectivity:USB 2.0
- Form Factor:Rackmount
- Simultaneous I/O:20 x 20
- Number of Preamps:2 x mic
- Phantom Power:Yes
- A/D Resolution:Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Effects:3-band EQ, Low-cut Filter, Reverb, Compressor, Expander, Auto Level
- Analog Inputs:2 x 1/4″ (line/instrument), 2 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic/line), 4 x 1/4″ (line)
- Analog Outputs:6 x 1/4″ (line)
- Digital Inputs:1 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
- Digital Outputs:1 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4″
- MIDI I/O:In/Out
- USB:1 x Type A, 1 x Type B
- Clock I/O:1 x Word Clock
- Other I/O:1 x 9-pin (AES/EBU, S/PDIF)
- OS Requirements – Mac:OS X 10.9.5 or later
- OS Requirements – PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Rack Spaces:1U
- Power Supply:12V DC power supply (included)
- Weight:2.0 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:Fireface UCX II
There are no reviews yet.